This policy details the information we collect when you use CPE.io. It also explains the ways we use and disclose that information. We never sell lists or email addresses.
When we say "we", "us", and "CPE.io", we're referring to CPE.io LLC, a State of Colorado limited liability company. When we say "you" or "Subscriber," we’re referring to the person or entity that’s registered with us to use the Services.
We provide an online platform that you may use to create certificates and evaluation surveys, and send and manage email campaigns (the "Services"). We offer the Services on our website CPE.io. In the course of providing the Services, we collect "Personal Information" as defined in section 5, which means information about a Subscriber. A "Campaign" is a list of names and email addresses that one of our Subscribers has sent, or intends to send emails to.
3. Effective Date
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information you’ve submitted, please contact us via the Website. You may also contact us at:
6140 W. Vassar Way
Lakewood, CO 80227
5. Information We Collect
- Campaign List and Email Information: When you create a Campaign List, certificate, or evaluation survey, we have access to the data on your list, the information from your certificates, and survey responses.
- Information from your Use of the Service: We may get information about how and when you use the Services. This information may include your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions taken by you within the application.
- Cookies: When you register to use CPE.io, we store "cookies," i.e. strings of code, on your computer. We use those cookies to collect information about when you and individuals from your campaign lists visit our Website and use the Services.
- Web Beacons: When we send emails to registered CPE.io customers we'll track who opened the emails and who clicked the links. We do that to measure Campaign performance and to improve our features. We also track campaign performance in the emails we deliver for you. We use the data to create the CPE.io reports you see about who has or hasn’t opened emails or clicked links.
- Information from Other Sources: We may get more information about you, like name, age, and participation in social media websites, by searching the internet or querying third parties. We only collect data that’s publicly available or provided by a third party according to its terms of service.
6. Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To promote use of our Services. For example, if you provide your Personal Information when you visit our Website and don’t sign up for any of the Services, we may send you an email asking whether you want to sign up. And if you use any of our Services, and we think you might benefit from using another Service we offer, we may send you an email telling you about it.
- To bill and collect money owed to us. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments.
- To enforce compliance with our Terms of Service and applicable law. This may include developing tools and algorithms that help us prevent violations.
- To provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our Subscribers and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements like complying with court orders and valid subpoenas.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, like attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar proceeding.
- To support and improve the Services we offer. This includes adding features.
- To communicate with you about your account for informational, not promotional, reasons.
- To send you informational and promotional content. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
7. Public Information and Third Parties
- Blog. We have public blogs on our Websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone.
- Social Media Widgets. Our Websites may include social media features. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Service Providers. If it is necessary to provide you a service you've requested, then we may provide your personal information to a service provider. We will restrict any service provider's use of your personal information. We will tell you whenever reasonably possible and you may request at any time the name of our service providers.
8. Content of Campaigns
When we send email on your behalf, it moves from server to server as it crosses the internet. Along the way, server administrators can read what is sent. Email wasn’t built for confidential information. We restrict our Subscribers’ ability to customize the campaign messaging to maintain high email deliverability. Our email campaigns only contain the names and email addresses provided by our Subscribers. Our emails include links to certificates, which are never attached in email. We reserve the right to review Subscribers’ campaigns and campaign lists to make sure they comply with our Terms of Service. Our employees or independent contractors may review those particular Campaigns. This benefits all Subscribers who comply with the Terms of Service because, among other things, it reduces the potential of abuse.
9. Your Campaign Lists
Your campaign lists are stored on a secure CPE.io server. We don’t sell your lists, or share your lists with any other party, unless it’s required by law. If someone on your list complains or contacts us, we may then contact that person. Only authorized employees have access to view Campaign Lists. We reserve the right to send informational and promotional content. We will not contact your Campaign Lists to discuss matters related to your account, to include:
- billing or money owed to us;
- general system alert messages; or
- general communication with you about your account.
You assert that you did not:
- Purchase the email list;
- Obtain the email addresses from a third party;
- Scrape or ‘copy and paste’ the addresses from the internet;
10. Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you or people on your Campaign Lists, then CPE.io will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
11. Safeguarding Your Information
To protect your information, our credit card processing vendor uses the latest Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for secure transactions. CPE.io accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose them to a third party.
12. Accuracy of Data, Transparency, and Choice
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date. If your data changes (like a new email address), then you’re responsible for notifying us of those changes. We only store data about you for as long as it’s reasonably required to fulfill the purposes that gave us the right to access it in the first place. We keep some data indefinitely, relating to when and where emails were sent, which bounced, which resulted in a complaint, and similar information, because we use it to help us screen out people who violate SPAM laws, and for other reasons explained in this policy.
We will respond to all complaints and the people who make them.
Updated July 26, 2017